I’ve been trying to make my own plant based milks because you would be surprised at the Ingredients in some, plus it’s super easy!
I prefer my cashew milk over Hemp Milk, but I was pleasantly surprised with the taste! Not to mention the health benefits. Hemp Milk is filled with fatty acids, vitamins and nutrients!
So much goodness like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, B vitamins, vitamin A, vitamin E, and protein, as well as quite a few other minerals, such as potassium, iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- 1 cup raw shelled hemp seed
- 2-3 cups of water (depending on how thick you want it, think low fat vs whole milk with consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1-2 pitted dates depending on how sweet you prefer (optional)
- Strain in cheese cloth
- Store in glass container and refrigerate